Research Paper on the Vietnam War: Compare and Contrast the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial Wall and Maya Lin’s Vietnam War Memorial
If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go. Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own. And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind. David Giffy (Vietnam veteran)
Vietnam War lasted from 1959 until 1975 and had grave consequences that influenced greatly not only the history of Vietnam itself but of other countries as well. It was a civil war where the belligerents, South Vietnam and North Vietnam, were supported by such world powers as the USA and the USSR and their allies respectively. Though the main aim of the war was to unify Vietnam as a state, with time the war started to be accepted, especially by Americans, as another battle against the communist regime. That is why, at first, all the deeds of the Government were backed by American public. Continue reading →
Posted in Research Paper Examples Tags: History, Social Issues
Immigrant Life Essay
Traditionally, immigrants face a number of problems in the new community, when they arrive in a new country. To a significant extent, these problems are predetermined by a variety of factors, which can be basically summed up as economic and socio-cultural. In fact, immigrants have to get integrated in the new society that implies the necessity to change their traditional lifestyle, habits, learn new language and cultural norms and, what is more, get a stable financial position. In this respect, it is worthy of mention that often economic and socio-cultural factors are closely interrelated, though sometimes they are objectively independent from each other. Continue reading →
Posted in Essay Examples Tags: Social Issues
Pro Euthanasia Arguments Essay
Modern world is full of sufferings and pain. Present diseases, very often incurable, make peopleâs life intolerable, steal the sense of life and give a strong inducement to die. Even the contemporary rapid development of medicine does not give the possibility to save peopleâs life or to relieve their pain.
In the light of this situation, the problem of euthanasia is of current importance. For the last twenty years, euthanasia has been a subject of much controversy. Doctors, scientists, politicians and representatives of different confessions discuss the possibility of legitimating euthanasia. Continue reading →
Posted in Essay Examples Tags: Medicine, Social Issues
Essay on Ethical Aspect of Unauthorized File-sharing
Digital technologies progress with every day and thus change people use electronic goods and entertainment. The development of this sphere has caused tension between copyright holders and consumers of digital goods or services. The perfection of digital technology has shifted the importance of time and location for the digital entertainment. This is why the industry of entertainment has lost its ability to fully control the distribution of digital goods. Continue reading →
Posted in Essay Examples Tags: Computer Technologies, Law, Social Issues
The Fall of the Berlin Wall Research Paper
The Berlin Wall is a historical symbol of the Cold War and the fall of the Berlin Wall is a symbol of the end of the Cold War. At the same time, the Berlin Wall has played an extremely important role in the life of millions of people and defined the fate of German people, which has been separated by the Wall for decades. In fact, it was the most obvious frontier separating two worlds, the totalitarian world of the socialist world totally controlled by the USSR and the democratic world. Continue reading →
Posted in Research Paper Examples Tags: History, Politics, Social Issues
Research Paper: Vietnamese Immigration in the United States and France
Every year millions of people emigrate from one country to another, this process is one of the main reasons of population problems in most countries. Some reasons for immigration are famine, poverty, religion, revolution, unemployment, dictatorships, cholera, overpopulation, war, political repression and some others. People usually immigrate to countries where the standards of living are much higher than in their native. Continue reading →
Posted in Research Paper Examples Tags: Social Issues
Research Paper on Social-Psychological Approach to Work Stress
Nowadays work plays a significant role in human lives and influences peopleâs well-being. However, employment became a considerable challenge for a great number of people. It resulted in tremendous source of stress. The problem of work stress is often related with psychological ill health. Numerous interventions must be implemented to prevent or at least to reduce psychological problems. Continue reading →
Posted in Research Paper Examples Tags: Psychology, Social Issues
Essay on Racial Issues Concerning Traffic Stops by Patrol Officers
The problem of racism has always been one of the key problems of multinational societies. In this respect, American society seems to be particularly noteworthy because it is traditionally defined as highly democratic and progressive, including racial issues. In such a situation there should not be any problems related to racial issues, especially concerning official representatives of the US government and people, such as patrol officers. Continue reading →
Posted in Essay Examples Tags: Law, Social Issues
Single Parent Homes Essay
This paper is devoted to the issue of singe parenting as one of the important family problems. A single parent is a parent who lives with one or more children without the second parent. Usually the definition of single parenting depends upon the local laws, but there are other cases as well Continue reading →
Posted in Essay Examples Tags: Social Issues
Social Issues Topics
Hard to maintain social life without being criticized by everyone, hasn’t it? Well, balancing between the amount of time taken by social media platforms and the old-fashioned face to face conversation can be a hard task. Hence, with using our essay writing service, you have a chance to do something else, probably the face to face communication, hence having a social life. Almost everything in this world involves the social life.
Need a custom essay?
Some of which include:
- Religion. With the various prayer or religious gatherings and places of worship for some denominations, the followers of the religion tend to interact and form social bonds amongst each other.
- Gender identity. The way we identify ourselves makes a great social differences in terms of the way we people interact. For example, gay bars as a social meeting place for the gays.
- Government on social life. It is pretty obvious that the government follows our social media postings and hence putting a lid on what views can be uttered and what can’t.
- Separation of church and state.
- War. Several wars have brought division in people’s social lives, for example, a person living in America, having an Arabian affiliation can be singled out on what they post on the social media.
- Family and single parenthood. This involves one parent walking out on their partner. This may affect the kid’s growth in terms of criticism from their peers and also their mental and emotional health which affects their social life.
- Drugs and alcohol abuse. Drugs have subsequent health and emotional issues through addiction and general usage which in turn changes a person’s social behavior.
- Social media and bullying. Some cases of bullying has been described as a source of suicidal thought and behavioral changes.
- Social media has been associated with a bad company among the youth hence disadvantages in social and moral values.
- Materialism. Trends in fashion among others has had a significant change in how teenagers communicate with their peers and also those not of their trendy peers and family members.
- Obesity and social life. Fat shaming has had some root in its victims’ social lives.
- Education disparity. Inequality in educational quality is described and defined by race in many communities as well as financial status. For example, If you live in a poor neighborhood or are a minority, there is a huge chance that the schools you attend may lack most essential facilities hence a totally different way of interaction with the other cultured kids.
- Social life and the economy.
- Poverty and social life. In most communities, the economic status always defines a person’s social status.
- National pride and identity. The sense of belonging always have a say in a person’s social identity and status. The way citizens of a country communicate mostly different with that of immigrants and natives.
- The internet versus the social life.
- The power of advertisements. In some cases, people have been attracted into buying certain types of products that they now define with that particular brand against their rivals through extreme advertising.
- Suicide and the social media.
- Procrastination. Particularly with topics for an essay on social issues, students mostly have other fun things to do instead of doing assignments. This may improve social lives but may ruin academic excellence.
- Racism. Being one of the worst types of categorization in the contemporary world, racism has altered the social lives of people. This refers to the sense of belonging where people tend to identify with their people.