4767 Newton Street
Saint Cloud, MN 56301
Objective To secure an opportunity as a School Health Aide so as to fully utilize my skills and experience.
Summary of Skills:
- Solid knowledge in first aid and emergency care
- Extensive experience in acute and chronic care
- Wide knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- In depth knowledge of basic health screening equipment
- Wide knowledge in recognition of childhood illnesses
- School Health Aide, 2007 – Present
- Rainbow Elementary School, Minneapolis, MN
- Counseled students about health problems.
- Established and maintained appropriate health records and files.
- Promoted and protected the optimal health status of students.
- Collaborated with physicians and other community health resources.
- Evaluated student’s health status and provided appropriate care.
B.S. in Nursing, 2005, Johns Hopkins University
Certification in Health Care, 2007, Yale University
School Aide Cover Letter
School Aides provide support to leading teachers and help to organize classroom activities. Duties depend on the type of school they work for, and usually include: tracking student attendance, monitoring students at arrival and departure, helping teachers to prepare materials for lessons, handing out worksheets, maintaining teaching equipment, implementing school safety rules, determining signs of illness or problems in students, maintaining filing systems, and reporting to teachers and principals.
A well-written cover letter sample for School Aide usually focuses on skills and qualifications like the following:
- Instructing skills
- Good communication and interpersonal abilities
- Knowledge of learning strategies
- Speech clarity
- Supervisory skills
- Being able to motivate students
- Classroom management
- Attention to details
- Computer literacy
Just below is provided a cover letter example showcasing comparable School Aide abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive school Aide Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Campbell:
As an organized and detail-oriented professional with solid experience serving in a School Aide capacity, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review in response to your school’s advertised needs. My background, education, and administrative capabilities have prepared me to significantly benefit your institution in this position.
My academic assistance experience includes more than five years of successful classroom organization, material/lesson preparation, activity coordination, playground supervision, and report preparation in accordance with lead teachers’ instructions. Furthermore, my superior communication, collaboration, and leadership skills have resulted in efficient and engaging elementary classrooms, leading to high rates of teacher satisfaction and student motivation.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Working in conjunction with lead teachers as well as administrative staff as a School Aide for Tigerside Elementary School, handling both teaching and administrative support duties while working with students from all learning levels and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Connecting with students from various backgrounds and cultures, identifying their learning objectives and helping to set key goals to encourage academic advancement.
- Aiding in classroom behavioral management techniques, incorporating motivational activities and positive reinforcement strategies to effectively mitigate disruption and create a calm and stress-free learning environment.
- Providing school-wide administrative/clerical support—including call routing, report generation, and attendance monitoring—while serving as a chief information resource for teachers, staff, and parents.
- Earning ongoing commendation by lead teachers and school administrators for outstanding performance.
- Receiving an Associate’s degree in Educational Management from Rhode Island University.
With my previous experience coupled with my dedication to pursuing academic excellence, I am well prepared to thrive as your next School Aide. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your needs, and my qualifications, at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Paula P. Jackson